Friday 11 April 2014

Epic catch-ups commence

Hello lovelies.

I'm blogging today about the first of my art catch ups.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am feeling a little stressed about how far behind I have fallen in Lifebook 2014.  Luckily I have found a couple of days so far this month to start my catch up.  Easter catch-ups are looking fairly extensive!

I am jumping around, as I have not done any of the class exercises since week 3, so I have started at the beginning of March.  This is my week 10 art work.

This is a class by Tamara LaPorte - the founder of Lifebook and the amazing willowing.ning - I can't recommend her enough as an online teacher. Fortunately for those of you who are not part of Lifebook 2014, this technique was published by Somerset Studios in their Somerset Apprentice Spring 2012 volume so you can play along as well!

So this technique is what Tam calls "painting over collage", which is fairly descriptive. It's simple and fun to do.

Lay down your collage.  I have used images from magazines. Cover the whole with clear gesso:

(before)

Shade the face with acrylic paints and pencils.  Go mad with your neocolorII watercolour crayons (awesome things that they are) and aquamarkers.  Add stamping, brayer with white gesso, then add more colour until you are happy with the image.  Add meaningful words - in this case about positive connections in my life.  Viola! You have a yummy piece of art.

(after)

I suggest that you give it a go!

'Till next time.

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment