Friday 4 July 2014

Art Journaling in Geelong - Class update

Hello lovelies,

I travelled down to Geelong last Saturday to teach class 2 of my art journaling basics class. I have been reproducing the pages for this class so that I can film them for people who can't make it to Melbourne every month. I can't do every page exactly the same - I'm just not built that way, so I thought you might like to have a little look at what I have made instead!

This is the spread that we do in the class.  It is a colour theory lesson that is based on Pam Carriker's book Creating Art at the Speed of Life, and is an excellent class exercise as it re-inforces colour theory.
This is the left page of the spread:


And this is the right page of the spread:
I know what all these words mean now - I know them so well that I could recite them in my sleep! So I decided that I would do something a little different this time.  I had received my Dina Wakely paints in the mail and knew that I needed to test them (and yes, they are luscious), so I created a colour wheel and then got to painting!

Here is what I created:

It was great fun.

I recommend making a colour wheel.  It's amazing what you will learn from the process.

'till next time

~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment