Sunday 13 October 2013

Art Journal love

Well hello all,

Its been a couple of weeks since my last post and I thought I would share a couple of journal pages with you.

The first is one I completed some time ago.  Those who came and saw me at the Crafters Cupboard stand atPaperiffic may have seen this page on display.  I've used a whole bunch of techniques - collage, glazing, spraying, painting and products including grunge paste, gelatos, paint pens, pencils, paint, dylusions and the fabulous Jane Davenport's face stencils.


This next page I completed  yesterday whilst at home nursing a cold. 


I find that when I don't have a clear idea of what I want to do with a page thumbing through magazines and cutting out images is a great way to get the creative juices flowing.  This page incorporates paint, watercolour, tissue tape and plenty of collage elements.

My art journaling class with crafters cupboard is now open for sign up here. (The crafters cupboard website seems to be running slowly, but hang in there!).  The class numbers are limited to 10, as I don't feel that I can give the appropriate attention to more participants than that at one time. I understand that there are already 4 sign-ups after less than a week! Awesome work gang!

Its also worth noting that participants will get a Milini journal and 3 Montana paint pens as part of the course kit - I'll have you all addicted to paint pens like I am by the end of the course, I can guarantee it!

I have designed the 6 classes so that each participant can feel confident doing homework on their own in the intervening month between classes.  I am giving some thought to January as there is no class scheduled at this stage, but I do not want participants to lose momentum with their art journaling... Maybe I can be technical enough to break out a special video class?  If I manage to work that out (it can't be that hard can it?) I will definitely share it on the blog.

I hope you all have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

love Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment